The Symptoms of Sexual Addiction:
While there is no official diagnosis for sex addiction, clinicians and researchers have attempted to define the disorder using criteria based on chemical dependency literature. They include:
- Frequently engaging in more sex and with more partners than intended.
- Being preoccupied with or persistently craving sex; wanting to cut down and unsuccessfully attempting to limit sexual activity.
- Thinking of sex to the detriment of other activities or continually engaging in excessive sexual practices despite a desire to stop.
- Spending considerable time in activities related to sex, such as cruising for partners or spending hours online visiting pornographic Web sites.
- Neglecting obligations such as work, school or family in pursuit of sex.
- Continually engaging in the sexual behavior despite negative consequences, such as broken relationships or potential health risks.
- Escalating scope or frequency of sexual activity to achieve the desired effect, such as more frequent visits to prostitutes or more sex partners.
- Feeling irritable when unable to engage in the desired behavior.
Original article by Michael Herkov, Ph.D Read more here.
So, by my calculations around 75% of the male population are addicts. But I’m curious… are there many women sex addicts out there? Answers on a postcard (or the poll, preferably) – pretty please!
reblogged from Christina Mandara Erotica, bondage & more
- What Is Sex Addiction? (everydayhealth.com)
- Do sex addictions exist? (joc267.wordpress.com)
- 5 Signs of Sexual Addiction (everydayhealth.com)
- Is ‘Thanks for Sharing’ an Honest Look Inside Sex Addiction Recovery? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Brain scans prove porn is as addictive as alcohol and drugs (missyjubilee.wordpress.com)